Friday, January 30, 2009

The Beatboxing Instrumentalist

Okay, check this French guy (his name is Jean Jean) who mixes instruments with beatboxing to make some BOSS beats. He's pretty awesome, those damn French.


Beatboxing with what I think is a mouth harp


Beatboxing with a flute

-----


And this is another guy, known as Roxorloops, who just makes some crazy ass noises. I didn't even know it was possible for a person to make some of these sounds!

-----

On the subject of beatboxing, Jamie Lidell. His main fame comes from his souful R&B songs, but his live shows are the most amazing part about Jamie Lidell. I saw him at Voodoo Fest 2 years ago and I absolutely adored him. (Red Hot Chili Peppers were fun, but they really had nothing on Jamie Lidell).


Jamie Lidell performing at Voodoo 2006

He does the type of boxing where he'll record himself making noises then loop them together to get crazy beats. I'm sure he's not the only one who does it but the fact that he's a soul singer and does this kind of stuff WITH his regular songs makes it so much better and I really can appreciate the mixture of Hip Hop and SOULLLL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips