Wednesday, March 13, 2013

BUKU

I had the honor of attending Buku this past weekend. This was the 2nd year that they have put on this event. I was only able to jump in on Saturday's festivities but it still was AMMMAAAZZZIINNNGGGG. I saw all of the headliners: Calvin Harris, Kendrick Lamar, Passion Pit, and of course a ton of other shows that night. I was super excited I got to see Starfucker because that was who I HAD TO SEE. Oh, and Major Lazer's show was a RIOT. Ugh, can someone lend me their Dolorean so I can travel back to that night please?

So many great shows, great people and great vibes. Here are some of my highlights. I'm no professional photographer, so bear with my instagrammed iPhone jankyness.

Starfucker. So so so good.

My friend made these shirts that said "Bukrewe" on the front and "Express Yourself" on the back. Lots of handstands were done that night.

Someone let us play with their laser pen and we got to write on this guy's shirt with it. I don't know the physics behind it, but it was mind blowing. We literally drew with a laser beam and when we were done, the image remained on the guy's shirt. Too cool for school.

Here's a snapshot from Major Lazer. Yea, that's Diplo rolling around in a bubble ball. Yea. AMAZING!

Here's a 10 second video I took with my phone. As you can see, the show was packed. I don't know if you can make it out in the video, but there was a balcony that ran around the entire room that was also filled with people.


And to cap off my Buku experience, a dinosaur astronaut I found in the crowd.
Hopefully I'll see you next year Buku!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips