Monday, March 23, 2009

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears: SUNGLASSES

Sunglasses: Can't live with them, can't live without them. Or maybe you CAN live with them if you AREN'T me. Those that know me well know that I'm a magnet for awesome sunglasses. I have like 20 pairs spread between New Orleans and Miami, functional glasses, novelty glasses, etc etc. I love them. I'm saving up money to buy Ray Ban's because sunglasses are like number 2 on my life priority list.

Ray Ban Glasses

I woke up today and it was windy and overcast so I dress appropriately, go to class yada yada. Well I get out of class and OH HAY, the clouds are gone and it's about 100 degrees now (another thing that GRINDS MY GEARS). AWESOME. And to top it off...ALL OF MY SUNGLASSES ARE OUT OF COMMISSION because they hate me and anything that CAN put a scratch in ALL of my sunglasses did...rendering them essentially OPAQUE. There's nothing like walking on white pavement on a sunny day (that's a lie. It's actually pretty similiar to walking in an aluminum foil room with the sun shining brightly in). So I decide....it's time to buy some new sunglasses. And not scratch them to hell this time.

Go to Ross. They've got some lovely pink Playboy brand sunglasses. But I think Playboy is a little to classy for me. Dejected, I head to a mall knowing I'll only be able to admire Ray Ban's from the window of Sunglass Hut because $140 for sunglasses is blasphemous. So I do admire them from the window, leave. Then I stumbled upon one of those sketch booths in the middle of the mall that sold sunglasses!!! 2 for $20 basically. And they had Ray Ban knockoffs! Perfect!

So I buy my new Ray Ban knockoffs. It's like heaven to put them on and NOT see scratches. And even better, the glasses CAME WITH a protective case thing (not a very good one but it's better than nothing...which was what I was doing before). AWESOME. So I throw the glasses, IN THEIR CASE, into my purse. They can't get damaged that way right?

....

OH NO. THE PIECES OF S**T ALREADY HAVE A SCRATCH. I MIGHT HAVE TO KILL SOMEONE. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, IS IT SO HARD TO MAKE SCRATCH PROOF GLASSES?! THAT ARE KNOCK OFF BRAND* I'd think that would just involve making the lens out of glass? I don't have any diamonds with which to scratch glass so it should be fine. JEEZ. I JUST WANT TO SEE CLEARLY. now the rain is gone.

1 comment:

  1. stop buying shitty glasses. thats your problem. put the money but and buy something decent. youll realize that you never want to get crap again. plus good sungasses you can usually rub a scratch out

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips