Thursday, March 12, 2009

Watchmen

Watchmen Rorschach

The huge hype around Watchmen intrigued me, so I went to see it today. I honestly had no idea what the plot of the movie was other than it was about "super heroes" and I didn't read reviews because I didn't want to be biased or anything. At any rate, I was pleasantly surprised.

I was expecting another Spiderman/Batman/X-Men but Watchmen is TOTALLY different than the hero movies we are used to. It's mature. It has this crazy intense plot. The characters are fantastic (well, 2 of the characters at least). Really, I was blindsided by this movie. Did I mention it's really mature (aka kids can't appreciate it). It was suprisingly gorey/graphic....on the level of Friday the 13th....I had to cover my eyes at parts to prevent upchuck.

Some Highlights:
1. Blue man penis flying all over the place
2. Ginger baby man with mad freckles
3. Fight scene cinematography
4. Pretty nice soundtrack

So, if you have a penchant for those thoughtful kind of movies then I'd suggest seeing it. But don't expect that picture perfect Superman nonsense. This is wayyyyy different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips