I don't know, but this may be a cheaper way to get Voodoo tickets. I doubt a CD pre-order and a t-shirt are the same price as Voodoo tickets.....unless they only let you in to see Deadmau5....but even then, who's checking?
Besides, you also get a Deadmau5 CD and T-shirt! Win win win. Signing up to be a HT+1 member is free and you can choose to ignore the emails about irrelevant merchandise.
Last year I did a Costume idea countdown and I think I'll do one again this year. (I'm starting it 15 days late but that's okay.)
1. ZORRO or a BDSM Missionary from 1850s Mexico.
inspired by HUBBA HUBBA Hermes Spring 2011
2. A Greek aka the CORRECT way to make use of pillow cases and bed sheets when imitating a Toga
inspired by Elie Saab Spring 2011
3. Flapper. Let me say that this is a very popular costume and if you are going to do it, take it all the way a la this image. Important characteristics to maintain in your flapper costume: Implied nudity (it works because being a whoor is also a part of Halloween for the 14-30 crowd) because flappers were risque, stunning hair and stunning make up.
a la Louis Vuitton Spring 2011
4. Homeless or Little Red Riding Hood's whoor Grandmother. The bra/bustier is imperative if you are going for the whoor look.
inspired by Kenzo Spring 2011
5. Eve after she ate the apple and was ~evil~. This can actually be done with a clever use of panty hose, glue/sewing, and cloth flowers from Michael's.
inspired by ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Spring 2011 RIP I'll never forget you! :(
6. John Galliano. To get a John Galliano look you mix 1/2 Salvador Dali with 1/4 Prince and 1/4 The Dwarf Ringmaster at the Circus. Mix in a shaker then serve over ice. Garnish with confetti you carry in a jug around your waist.
While I'm on this great music video spree, check out the video for Luv Deluxe by the Cinnamon Chasers. A great, chill out song, a story, unique, gritty cinematography. Perfect, perfect and perfect. Loves it.
There are four things in this world people should NOT be cheap about money with: premium denim, shoes, bags/purses, and sunglasses. I recently gave my sunglasses to the ocean...unwillingly...it's a sad story I don't like to think about....and now I'm on the prowl for a new, GOOD pair of sunglasses. I could just cop out and go Ray Ban but there's other rad stuff out there....
LIKE THESE WOOD FRAME GLASSES. WITH GOLD OR POLARIZED LENSES.
Sunscreen: The bane of my existence. Not really...but imagine yourself laying face down in the sand on your extra long, super soft beach towel, waves drowning out all the noises, sun pleasantly warming you, on the verge of having the greatest beach nap ever when: "CAN YOU PUT THIS SUNSCREEN ON MY BACK?" or even worse when someone sprays their SPF 100 into the wind and the COLD sunscreen flyaways blow all over you. And this happens about every 20 minutes. FML.
However, protecting your skin is important.....so if you are the over-cautious sunscreen user I introduce to you:
A WRISTBAND THAT TELLS YOU EXACTLY WHEN YOUR SUNSCREEN WEARS OFF. No more reapplications every 20 minutes (hopefully).
How does it work?
Well you put on your sunscreen, then you put some of the same sunscreen on the bracelet. Then the bracelet changes colors as the sunscreen becomes less effective at blocking UV rays.
And is it reasonable?
At $4 for a 7 pack I hope everyone and their family buys some. And free shipping with Amazon Prime (which IF YOU ARE A STUDENT YOU GET AMAZON PRIME FOR A YEAR FOR FREE).